Who are we?
Each meet-up we explore ways in which we can be happier and healthier. We come together to have a giggle, learn something new, forget about our worries for a few hours and to relax and unwind. The aim of the group is to explore different techniques and methods that can help us feel happier and healthier, improving our overall sense of wellbeing.
We have explored and learnt about the following:
- Stress management techniques
- What is Reflexology? A live demonstration and techniques you can use on yourself at home.
- Health QiGung and Tai Chi with Sean Mahoney from Magick Tree
- Pilates (with Abi Cain)
- Yoga Dance with Sophie Schmidtlein from We Happy Women
- The use of essential oils
- Forest bathing (a walk through Wentwood with a focus on gratitude)
- Collections for local charities
- Hand and arm massage techniques.
- Seated Massage Routine
- Arts and Crafts with a therapeutic twist
- Yema Dance
Want to join?
The group is open to women of all ages, fitness abilities, careers, religions and beliefs.
If you would like to join us at a meet-up, then please fill in the form below on this page. It is also wise to follow us on Facebook to stay connected with updates and event details.
The only way to know if this group is something you may enjoy is to meet us and give it a try. As someone who has struggled with crippling anxiety, I am aware that there may be some nerves about coming on your own. Rest assured that the majority of our members come on their own and the group's ethos is about supporting one another.. so please don't let the anxiety win and stop you from coming. If you would feel it would help ease any anxiety, you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is my mission to ensure you leave feeling better than when you came.
By booking your place and purchasing your ticket, you are agreeing to the Women's Wellbeing Booking T&C's